Happy new year! This year I have decided to make the year about making myself a better version of me starting with more frequent posts on here, I have so much to share all the time and I need to make more time for things that make me happy and improve my life like my blog and my health. So this is the begining of a very exciting year. Ao lets jump right in!
I have been trying to grow my hair long for years and only recently have started actually getting length beyond I was told is my “gene length” which is apparently dictated by your genes. Now there are a number of things I have done to achieve this and if you are like me and have blonde fine hair you might be able to use some of my techniques too!
Firstly I use a special pillowcase called a Slip pillowcase, its made from 100% silk and stops your hair getting tangled and pulled like cotton does, it’s also great for your skin, stopping sleep creases and stretching. Theybare awesome, also a really good gift idea for any lady who appreciates better skin and hair… aka EVERYONE!!
2. Stop blowdrying your hair! I was blowdrying every time I washed my hair, I have stopped this and now just wash my hair at night. By doing this I have essentially cut my heat damage in half as I only straighten with my ghd when needed and in thw morning. Its those small things that make a huge difference.
3. Dont brush your hair when it’s wet, and if you absolutely have to, use a detangling brush. I know this is helping me because I see less hair in my brush these days.
4. Think about what you consume, eating lots of protein will help build the hair, what is inside really dows dictate the outside. I have started having salmon for breakfast at least 3 mornings a week, the frozen fish section does pre cut portions in plastic and you just thaw it in the fridge the night before, I cook mine on a stove and often eat it with eggs and baby spinach. This will do wonders for your skin and hair!
Lately I have been feeling a little off – tired, bloated and just generally lacking energy so took to facebook and reached out for some ideas on what could be going on. I had so many people with amazing input and have been trialing a few things to see what can make me feel better. Maybe this is what getting older is all about.
So firstly I tried a a few things that didn’t work but I will be going over the things that did.
1. Lactofree – I was lucky enough to be offered a pack of this to try, it essentially gives your body extra suppprt to help it digest dairy which most adults are in some way intollerant towards. When my doctor told me I shouldn’t have milk as I get discomfort and bloating from it, I almost screamed! I love ice cream, lattes, cheese and really anything made from cows milk. Having one of these before milk products was perfect at stopping my bloating and no discomfort…yay.
Another great thing is that I used to spend extra money on the special A2 milks and lactose free ones which are actually quite expensive, I don’t have to buy these anymore and am saving money.
2. Vitamins – the main ones I was looking for was vitamin d and something with B12, the blackmores womens vitality really has everything you need as an active woman and good for mood which was my main concern for that time of month. Vitamin D because I work in an office and don’t get enought sun time.
3. I bought a treadmill, this is a win because I get home so late and my dog hates walking long distances. I just have my tablet in front of the treadmill and play nextflix episodes, this has made me feel more confident and long term will help my overall health.
These 3 changes have made me feel amazing and im so happy that I don’t have to have a can of Red Bull everyday, what I thought was an iron deficiency turned into a bit of a whole approach to my life. I can now eat dairy with no issues, have the energy to work out and all round happier. My next life overhaul is going to be my skin care routine.
P.s. try lactofree on your boyfriend, it actually reduces the tooting haha.
There are some pictures I took whilst visiting my mum in a town called Nanango. We visited a beautiful antique store called Pottique Lavender Farm in Kingaroy, where we had lovely tea in the beautiful garden and looked at the cute antiques in the large store. Small country towns always have the best hidden treasures and I think this place is just gorgeous!
We also visited a cute german cafe during our day trip called Kilkivan Continental Gourmet House where some lovely German men served us beautiful coffee, traditional apple strudel and tradition German lemonade. They have been there for years and it is so obvious they love what they do and have such a talent with creating traditional German food.
Some other great places i recomend to visit while in the South Burnett area include: Booie Bello Vista, Kingaroy – great food and a magnificent view
My sister is getting married soon and as Maid of Honour, I had the duty of organising a Hens night for her. The main issue I found when looking for things to do and decorations is the lack of classier options. My sister recently was very sick and at the moment is unable to have more than two glasses of alcohol a day however is a huge wine lover, this was a perfect opportunity to do something a little out of the ordinary and very special so here I just want to show some pictures and tell you all about how we created, what my sister calls it the most amazing Hens Weekend ever!!
Firstly we decided on renting a huge house at Mt Tamborine on the Gold Coast in Queensland, this is such a beautiful area and is a wine making region with lots of gorgeous wineries to visit, this became the central theme of the event, with a busy schedule filled with yummy wine, food, dessert, fun games and a beautiful view!
Here’s some great hens night ideas that wont have that tacky stigma attached
Cocktail making classes
Pamper session in a luxury hotel like Palazzo Versace on the Gold Coast
Some great game ideas
With a few note pads and pens, make each attendee write down one or two really special memories that they have shared with the bride to be, after everyone has finished, put them all into a box and each person can draw one out around the circle and read out the memory, the bride to be has to guess who the memory was with.
here’s some pictures of it all!
These are the invitations I made, I am a graphic designer but I specialise in specialty invitations so I had so much fun designing everything!
Some Business that I highly recommend if you want to do something similar at Mt Tamborine are:
Tamborine mountain tours who were willing to change the plans a little and even fulfilled our request to do fudge, chocolate and cheese tasting on top of the actual tour for just a small extra fee. They really were the friendliest tour guides and made our day so nice.
Mi Bride and Groom, an online website where you can a heap of lovely decorations that wont fill your celebration space with tack, they even did an over the phone order for me for the special colours that I wanted the bridal party sashes to be, I had a strong vision of light pinks and they were able to do a special order for me.
Ido house for amazing accommodation that caters for lots of people.
This is just another occasion where I wish I lived in Sydney, it is most definitely my favorite place in Australia, so you can just imagine my excitement when I found out the news of a Ladurée boutique opening up … Continue reading →